Sunday 13 September 2015

What I'm loving...





In the last couple of weeks, I've been deeply inspired and have found some things that make me happy.

1. Art - The Language of Emotion by Leo Tolstoy 

"...by words a man transmits his thoughts to another, by art he transmits his feelings..."

This year I'm taking advanced philosophy in school, and though I only started two weeks ago, it's become my favourite subject (next to chemistry, of course).  We're a small class of 5 people, which is incredibly refreshing and relaxing, and we've all become closer because of it.  We're studying aesthetics at the moment, and last week we read an incredible text by Tolstoy.  It is a fraction of his answer to, "What is art?", and even if you're not the type of person, who goes to art exhibitions on a regular basis, I feel like everyone should read it. It is simply, divine.  The text can be found here.

2. Electric Warrior, T-Rex

GIRL I'M JUST A JEEPSTER FOR YOU LOOOOOOOOOVE

I discovered this album, through Refinery29, and I couldn't thank them enough, because I adore it.  I listen to a little bit of everything, but am mostly taken away by rock.  This album sounds amazing, it makes me feel so good and I love putting it on in the background when my friends come to see me.  I love the whole thing, but Jeepster is a favourite.

3. Bring your diary wherever you go

Although this isn't necessarily an object, it's a lesson I've learned.  Last year, I made the mistake of not writing down my thoughts, feelings, etc., that often.  It was all quite sporadic and I think it really prevented me from blowing off some steam.  So this year, I've been writing frequently and I know it's helped me stay positive and complain less.

Also when I say, "bring your diary wherever you go", it's more for if you travel somewhere. I also carry a little notebook around with me all the time, so instead of writing things on my phone, I have these cute little notes I'll remember forever.

x Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment