Tuesday 6 January 2015

New In: Charlotte Tilbury & Mac

I am not hesitating when I say that I was absolutely spoiled this Christmas.  I was gifted some beautiful treasures from Charlotte Tilbury, which I am in love with!  There are two products I picked up in Mac a couple of weeks ago that I am also really impressed with.

I'll begin with the eye products, starting with Mac's eye shadow in texture.  The story behind this purchase is, that I was inspired to buy a rust-shaded eye shadow by a picture I saw on tumblr.  I thought the shade really complimented blue eyes, so I decided to go to Mac being aware of their endless variety of colours.  I settled on texture which is a rusty/copper shade.  It has a slight shimmer to it, which is flattering, and though I wouldn't call it neutral, I can wear it with all my lipsticks!

Next in line is the Charlotte Tilbury eye cheat which is one of her liquid eye liners in a pale creamy shade. It's meant to be used on the waterline to open and brighten the eyes and it does just that!  It isn't super long lasting but can easily be reapplied during the day. I had been using a white eyeliner that wasn't very good but I found that the cream shade is less harsh and more natural.

Then I also received the Charlotte Tilbury colour chameleon in champagne diamonds, this shade is recommended for blue eyes since it enhances them, which is why I was drawn to it.  I'm not quite sure whether I like it or not.  It has a very creamy formula but doesn't blend very easily.  It's a lovely colour yet very sparkly, I would only wear this during the night.

L-R: Mac - bronze, c.t. eye cheat, c.t. colour chameleon
I seem to have a guilty pleasures for lip products and I must admit that my colour choice does not vary that much...  A spur-of-the-moment purchase of mine was the Mac lipstick in twig which is a brown-toned rose. It's super creamy and wears off evenly,  but what sticks out most to me is the actual colour.

I could not wait to try the Charlotte Tilbury lip products after all the hype they had received all over the internet!  I was gifted the Charlotte Tilbury lip pencil in pillow talk and the Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution lipstick in bond girl.  Firstly, the lip liner was raved about so much by the lovely Amelia Liana that I felt obliged to buy it.  To my satisfaction it does exactly what she said, it plumps the lips and glides on so smoothly.  Better yet, it works quite well with the lipstick I received.

I have never been so satisfied with a lipstick.  It has a formula like no other, it's matte but not drying, it doesn't smudge and it applies so nicely and easily due to the square shaped tip.  The colour is a completely different story.  It's this beautiful rose colour with brown undertones and a hint of red.  It's absoloutely gorgeous and I received lots of compliments when I wore it.  Yet it doesn't swatch very well, so in order to experience the full effect of it's beauty, you have to wear it.

L-R: Mac - twig, c.t. bond girl, c.t. pillow talk
Though twig and bond girl look like the exact same colour (above), the finish is completely different!

Overall, I'm really impressed!  I will definitely look into trying the other Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks.  Have you ever tried one of the Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution lipsticks? If so, what shade?

x Megan






No comments:

Post a Comment