Tuesday 30 December 2014

Hair Care Routine

I realized that one thing I really haven't discussed yet on my blog is my hair.  This seemed quite strange, considering how much I care about my hair and it's health.  I don't really like using too many products, and I like to keep all the products relatively natural, kind of...

Firstly, my hair type! I've got dark and thick semi-long hair.  I have never dyed my hair and I cut it around once or twice a year.  My hair is naturally curly/wavy and I hardly ever straighten or curl it.

Brushes
My hairbrushes play a huge role in my hair routine.  I never realized until I started using really good brushes! My tangle teezer is something I've had for around a year now and it's really great!  My hair gets tangled quite easily so I have to brush it quite regularly, especially before I got to sleep!  Also during the winter I wear hats and my hair always knots at the back of my head (does anyone else get that?).  The tangle teezer makes my life so much easier and less painful!  It disentangles quite smoothly and with as little pain as possible.  Then my holy grail product is my Mason Pearson Junior Hairbrush.  I've only had it for a short time, but it is amazing.  It has a mixture of nylon and boar bristles that help distribute natural hair oils evenly across the scalp and my hair in general.  The effect is softer and healthier hair.  It just makes my hair look so lovely after brushing it!  It is quite expensive but I think it is a pure luxury to have.  I knew to buy the junior because on their website they have descriptions for all the Mason Pearson brushes and what type of hair they are for, so if you are planning on purchasing one I would recommend looking at that first.



Cleaning
When it comes to cleaning my hair, I wash it every three days.  To some of you this may seem disgusting but my hair doesn't actually get dirty until the third day.  The reason why your hair usually gets dirty the day you wash it, say every other day, is because it's used to being washed on that day so produces the oils more quickly.  I do use dry shampoo if necessary in between washes, but the dry shampoo craze hasn't quite hit Germany yet, so I just use whatever.

I'm always trying different shampoos because I haven't settled on one yet.  One that I do use a lot though is the Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo it's really good if you want to keep your hair clean for a longer time.  It also smells delicious!  I also always use a hair mask when I'm in the shower.  I may not use conditioner but I always use a hair mask.  Like shampoo, I don't own one that I use all the time but I really like the Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Mask and I'm currently using the Le Petit Marseillais nutrition mask  that I picked up in Greece this summer and it keeps my hair really soft.




Oils
I use hair oil way less than I used to because I don't really feel the need to.  One that I recently picked up was the Frizz Ease six effects hair serum which I am quite impressed with.  I usually use it after drying my hair and it leaves my hair glossy, soft and smelling quite nice.
Then, if I'm washing my hair in the morning I massage raw coconut oil into my hair focusing on my ends the night before,  I then leave it overnight and it's a great thing to do if you want to grow your hair really long, because it's really hydrating.

I hope you enjoyed my little hair care post!  Do you have any holy-grail hair products?

x Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment