Thursday 11 December 2014

Current Favourites




Lately there are so many beauty products that I have seriously been loving!  I've found some great gems.  Some I've been loving as staples and others for autumn.  

I have been loving a not-so-recent lip combination, which is MAC's Diva Lipstick and Lip Pencil in Vino.  Firstly the lip pencil is the perfect match to the lipstick, and I find that with this lipstick, it's much nicer to have clean edges.  I also think the dark lip is great for autumn and also winter, and I've really been enjoying wearing it.  

I picked this product up in Selfridges, when I was in London and oh my god is it good!  My skin has not been it's best, so concealer has been on demand.  I use this all over my face, on blemishes and under my eyes even though I don't get undereye circles, but just for a bit of brightness.  It's super creamy, so it blends in really nicely and smooths over things.  I always have it in my makeup bag, and it works to just pat it on with a finger, but  I do think using a concealer brush gives it more of an airbrushed finish.  I love this stuff, and no, it doesn't last all day but what face product does?

When I was around thirteen, and makeup was still sort of new to me, I loved benefit.  From the quirky names to the colourful packaging, I'm not surprised that I was drawn to it.  But over the years, I've been more drawn towards MAC, Nars and Bobbi Brown, but I have always bought things from Benefit.  I recently rediscovered high beam in one of the benefit sets my Mum's friends would have bought for my sister and I, and I really like it.  It's a highlighter, that you paint on to your face, and blend in with your fingers.  Although it does have a pink tint to it, it's not unnatural, I find that it gives a really nice  healthy glow to the face.  I would not recommend blending it in with a brush, because it will not blend properly and you'll end up with glittery stripes on your face.  It isn't too shimmery and a little bit goes a long way.  

I purchased this mascara over three months ago, and I cannot doubt that it is the best mascara that I have ever used (I wrote a whole review here).  I recently purchased my second tube, just in caseI run out anytime soon.  I think this mascara is amazing!  I think it's better than the benefit they're real mascara and any lancome mascara I've used.  They are all within the same price range but this one truly lengthens, gives volume and drama, and holds the curl.  I do use this with an eyelash curler, which I believe is  vital step.  I wear this mascara on it's own on a day to day basis and feel fabulous.  It's truly great and I've been recommending it to everyone. 

I heard about this eye product from the one and only Estee from essiebutton, she mentioned it so many times, so when I found myself in the beauty department of the drugstore one day, I decided to buy it, and that was such a good idea!  I love this stuff.  Firstly, it is so easy to apply!  What I do is I just get some product onto my finger, put it onto my lid and blend it out.  It looks so nice on, even though it is shimmery, it's not like wearing really sparkly eyeshadow.  It also does not stray from where you have applied it, it will stay on all day or all night!  I would recommend this for people with blue or grey eyes aswell.  I like to wear this with brown eyeliner on my upper lashline, and I was inspired to wear this with my mac lip duo, and it looks really nice, it's not like there's too much going on.  One weird thing is, if you live in Germany, it's called on and on bronze.  Don't ask me. 

Maybelline Color Tatto in Bad to the Bronze & Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Pink Mauve
This has been my everyday lip look for a while now.  As much as I love wearing a dark lip, it's not something I can wear everyday, it is a bit of a statement.  This lip pencil in pink mauve, is a dark nude that matches my lips perfectly but just makes them look better.  It is the ultimate, your-lips-but-better shade for me.  I use the liner on it's own and just fill my lips in, and I can do that without looking like Kylie Jenner, because it's a different type of shade and I'm also not Kylie Jenner.  It goes with every makeup look, and I definitely think this pencil will always be a staple in my collection.  

 Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is something I use at night, but don't really use during the day.  The glass tub is very stylish, but not the most practical thing to carry in a bag, where it could get smashed.  I discovered the lip balm in stick form, through my beloved sister, who then gave it to me, and this stuff is great!  I don't think anything will ever beat, the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Original Ultra-Moisturising Lip Balm which can not be bought in Germany, but this one is a close favourite.  It's not too thick or shiny and it really keeps my lips soft and plump.


Excuse the super long post, I just had a lot to talk about!  Are there any products you've been loving?

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment