Saturday 15 November 2014

Super Quick & Easy Makeup Look

Today I wasn't in the mood to do my regular smokey eye or eyeliner, so I ended out doing an easy makeup look that I really enjoyed wearing.  I met my neighbour on my way out, who enthusiastically compliented my makeup, therefore I decided I would write a post, because I will definitely be sporting this look in the future!

Face
I kept it really light with the Garnier BB Cream in Light which I hadn't actually used in ages! It has a really liquid-y consistency and I find it blends into the skin quite nicely.  I then dabbed on a bit of my favourite Nars creamy concealer in Vanilla onto some blemishes and under my eyes with my ring finger.  To add a bit of colour and structure to my face (shout out to everyone with nonexistent cheeck bones) I applied a little bit of the Beneft Hoola Bronzer onto the hollows of my cheeks, forehead and jawline.  I also highlighted my face with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle, it's a shimmery gold and gives a really nice glow to the face.  I would recommend applying it with a fan brush, because you can easily end out looking like a disco ball. I know this sounds like a lot of work but it takes a maximum of five minutes. 

Eyes
I usually spend ages on my eyes when applying makeup, but this is probably the quickest part of the routine.  Firstly, there's no need for eyeshadow primer.  I used the MAC paintpot in Groundwork, which is really good if you want to go for a really subtle look, it's not shimmery and just gives a bit more umph.  It's a cream eyeshadow, so all you have to do is put a bit of product onto your finger, dab it onto your eyelid and blend it out!  You can build it up to make the colour more intense if you like.  Instead of putting eyeliner on, I just swiped my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Demolition onto my upper waterline.  It's not the most comfortable process but it makes your eyelashes look thicker!  I finished off the look by putting on my beloved Charlotte Tilbury Mascara.

Brows
My brow routine is really quick.  I didn't have to work too much with them because I got them waxed at Benefit around a week ago, which I would totally recommend doing!  I took my Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Cara D (which I wrote a review on here) and it's really great because it has a spooly on one end and the colour on the other.  So I first combed through my eyebrows and then lightly brushed through some sparse areas with the colour.  I don't own a brow gel but I do own lipbalm, so I just swiped over my eyebrows with that.  This might sound quite unusual, but it's the same as using a gel!  


Lips
I love lip products!  I think they're the most reasonable product to hoard.  I used a product that I have been loving recently and it is the Maybelline Color Elixir in 725 Caramel Infused. It's a really nice dark nude and I fnd that the colour lasts quite long. I like to blott my lips with a tissue, because it's quite glossy and I prefer my lips to be more matte, but I would wear this as a gloss too.  

So that's my tutorial!  It's quite a warm toned look and I think it's really easy!  Though we are in the middle of Autumn and will soon be going into Winter, I don't think one always has to look super autumnal and have dark lips all the time! Also, a special thanks to my partner in crime Caterina for forgetting her paintpot at my house :)

Tell me what you think of this look in the comments and I hope you enjoyed!  

Megan 






No comments:

Post a Comment