Wednesday 31 December 2014

Latest Drugstore Finds


 A few weeks ago I wandered into the drugstore and picked up a few items.  I don't usually buy drugstore products because I'm always drawn to high end ones and have never been really interested in searching for dupes, but I have found some lovely gems that have encouraged me to go back in the future.

L'oreal ultra precision super liner
This is my favourite product out of the bunch and a staple in my makeup stash.  It's simply a black liquid eyeliner.  I love it because it is super easy to apply!  I started using this as an amateur to liquid eyeliner but this made my life so easy.  It has quite a narrow felt tip which is quite flexible and it draws on without a problem.  It also stays on for a respectable amount of time, I've worn it on numerous nights out and it has stayed on without smudging.  I like to wait for it to dry before curling my eyelashes and I also like to use it if I'm going out but I'm already wearing makeup.  Despite owning it for around two months it still hasn't dried out!

Manhattan lip lacquer in don't be shy 
I like the shade of this product, it has quite an usual consistency sort of a thick semi-matte gloss.  I like it, it wears off evenly which makes it pleasant to wear but it isn't anything special.  I would repurchase this if I were drawn to another colour in the collection.
L-R: Maybelline color elixir - caramel infused, Maxfactor - don't be shy

Maybelline color elixir lip lacquer in caramel infused
I absoloutely love this stuff! Firstly, it smells really nice, it's super pigmented and has a wide range of colours.  I've worn this a lot and used it on my friends too.  It's a really get colour because it looks good on everyone!  Whenever I do wear it though, I like to blot my lips because it's quite glossy and I prefer a slight sheen.

 
L'oreal color riche smoky velours noir
I bought this because I keep wearing brown smokey eyes and I haven't touched grey eye shadows in ages.  My first eye shadow palette was the benefit smokey eyes which is grey and I remember how it complimented my eye colour.  I like the colours in this mini palette but I wasn't super impressed with the formula of the shadows, they aren't super pigmented or creamy.  I've used it once but wasn't really interested in using it again but I think I'll give it another try.

x Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment