Wednesday 24 September 2014

Latest from MAC

Recently I went into town, with no intention on buying anything but a birthday present.  The friend I went with (I think we all know Caterina) riskily took me into MAC and I did a bit of spur-of-the-moment spending.  

I'm really into berry and vampy lipsticks.  Thing is, I don't live in London or New York, where it's normal to see people dressed in eccentric styles, I live in Munich.  Don't get me wrong, I love living here, it's definetely in my top three favourite cities, but when it comes to makeup and clothes, people keep it toned down.  So, my point is that I was looking for a lipstick that is not too dark but also flattering.  After narrowing it down to three lipsticks at the MAC counter (we had previously been to Bobbi Brown) I went with Diva, a vampy red.  
This colour stood out to me, because of it's matte non-drying texture and nice colour.  It's darker on the lips then it is shown above.  I also bought the matching lip liner in Vino, which was honestly such a good idea!  For all the lipstick-applicating-queens out there, well done to you, because I am the worst when it comes to applying lipstick.  What  I do is I apply the lip liner all over my lips, for a long lasting effect, and top it off with the lipstick, sometimes I blott my lips with a tissue.  Because it's quite dramatic, I prefer to go with a very simple eye look.  I like to curl my lashes and apply brown mascara or vaseline.  If you think vaseline is weird then think again!  It really conditions your eyelashes and if, for example, you don't want to wear mascara everyday, just put some vaseline on your lashes to make them stand out more, it's as simple as that. Then I think it's nice to have a well-sculpted face (shoutout to all the girls with nonexistent cheekbones) so bronzer is an essential, yet we don't want to go overboard, less is more, as my Mum likes to remind me. 

One thing I would like to put out there is, I would not recommend eating with this lipstick on, because it will eithir wear off in the middle of your pout or end up all over your face.  

What do you think of vampy lipsticks?

1 comment: