Monday 8 September 2014

Marc Jacobs Lolita Eyeshadow Palette Review




Recently someone very genourously gave me the Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette as a present and I was so grateful, you have no idea.  I had been wanting this palette for so looooong!!!!  Can we all just take a moment to appreciate it's beauty...

So basically, it features three matte and four shimmery shades.  The three matte ones are really nice and easy to use if you want to do a very basic, but defined eyeshadow look. A lot of people complain that the chocolate-y brown colour is too dark, but like all of the shadows, it's super blendable, so I just tap it on the back of my hand so the colour isn't as intense and blend it into my crease.  


 The glittery shades are all really pretty yet they aren't too drastic and I found that the shimmer didn't settle underneath my eyes as much as sparkly eyeshadows usually do.  I really like the shade second to the left, it's a subtle pink colour that I think really brightens the eye area!


 Now onto packaging!  Packaging is always something that makes a huge impression on me.  Whether it's when I'm getting an iced coffee, buying a perfume or book (though that's a cover..)  I'm always attracted to thinks if they're presented nicely (I mean, who isn't?).  Firstly,  this palette comes in a black protective pouch, which wouldn't necessarily save it in water or anything but because the palette is glossy is keeps it clean.  The palette itself is very sleek, classic and compact.   I think if you're travelling this is perfect! 





I honestly couldn't be happier with this gift!  It was recommended by so many people (shoutout to all essie button fans) and I have gone on to recommend it to my friends.  If it's too pricey (as far as I'm concerned the prices range from $42-$70), I would recommend one of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes which I'm sure we've all heard of.  These shadows are all pigmented, buttery and super blendable which I think makes this palette totally worth the price! 


What's your favourite eyeshadow palette?  Do you prefer your shadows to be matte or shimmery? 

No comments:

Post a Comment